HOW TO USE SPEED LIMIT ASSIST
Available Speed Limit Assist† uses a camera to identify the posted speed limit and automatically adjusts the vehicle’s maximum set speed. You can adjust the set speed relative to the system-detected speed limit. This feature works when not using cruise control.
Speed Limit Assist lets you set a top speed that your vehicle will not exceed, even if you continue to press the accelerator pedal. The feature has two modes: automatic and manual mode.
HOW TO SET A SPEED LIMIT IN AUTOMATIC MODE
- In automatic mode, Speed Limit Assist uses your vehicle’s front camera and embedded navigation systems to recognize certain nearby posted speed limit signs.
- When the feature detects a posted speed limit sign, you’ll see a message in your Driver Information Centre (DIC) prompting you to limit your vehicle’s speed to the detected speed limit.
- You can press RES/+ to confirm the speed limit and SET/- to reject setting a speed limit.
- If you don’t confirm or deny the suggested speed limit, your vehicle will automatically set its top speed as the detected speed limit.
- You can set an offset to the detected speed limit in case you want your speed to be higher or lower than the detected speed limit. Use the RES/+ or SET/ buttons to set the offset. Your vehicle will remember the offset when a new speed limit is detected. T
Note: There is a limit to how much you can offset the speed limit that varies by vehicle.
- To switch between automatic and manual Speed Limit Assist modes, press the LIM button. Press the button once for manual mode and twice for automatic mode. Pressing the button again in automatic mode will turn the feature off.
HOW TO SET A SPEED LIMIT IN MANUAL MODE
- Press the LIM button on your steering wheel or in the Controls app to open the Speed Limit Assist menu in your DIC.
- Press the SET/- button on your steering wheel to confirm the current vehicle speed as the speed limit. You can then press the SET/- or RES/+ buttons to decrease or increase the set speed.
- If you set a speed limit that is lower than your current vehicle speed, your vehicle will decelerate until it reaches the set speed.
- If you try to accelerate past the set speed limit, your pedal will continue to move, but the vehicle will not accelerate.
- To switch between manual and automatic Speed Limit Assist modes, press the LIM button. Press the button once for manual mode and twice for automatic mode. Pressing the button again in automatic mode will turn the feature off.
- If you have cruise control, Adaptive Cruise Control† or Super Cruise driver assistance technology engaged when you set a speed limit, Speed Limit Assist will override those features and turn them off.
- If you set a speed limit and then hit the cancel button, you can resume Speed Limit Assist at the previously set speed by pressing the RES/+ button.
HOW TO TURN OFF OR OVERRIDE SPEED LIMIT ASSIST
- Pressing the LIM button while in automatic mode will turn Speed Limit Assist off. Also, activating Adaptive Cruise Control, if your vehicle has that available feature, will turn Speed Limit Assist off.
- You can override Speed Limit Assist in emergency situations by pressing firmly on the accelerator pedal. The feature is designed to temporarily disengage when near-maximum pressure is placed on the accelerator. The feature will not turn fully off until you cancel the set speed with the LIM or Cancel buttons.
LOOKING FOR SOMETHING ELSE?
NEED MORE HELP?
Communicate with one of our specialists.